What is Dual Credit?
The South Island Partnership (SIP) between Camosun College, the five School Districts of Southern Vancouver Island and local industry leaders aims to provide opportunities for students to jump-start their post-secondary education and workplace careers by participating SIP programming while they are still enrolled in High School. Students in a SIP program earn both High School Credits and Post Secondary Credits.
Top 5 Reasons to take the Dual Credit option
- Your school district covers your tuition
- Credits earned go directly toward your High School and Post Secondary transcripts
- Most courses are transferable to other colleges and universities
- Avoids the five-course crunch in your first year. Five can be a lot!
- Build your confidence going into future options
Click on the following links to discover more information about:
- Dual Credit Courses
- Camosun- SIP (South Island Partnership) See the Camosun Program Guide for more details.
- UVIC- UStart See the UStart Program Guide for more details.uStart 2021-2022_
- School-based Dual Credit Cohorts-Dual Credit Cohort Classes involve high school teachers team teaching with Camosun instructors inside and/or outside the regular secondary timetable. This opportunity allows students to get credit for a high school and a Camosun course while receiving support and instruction from two teachers.
- Camosun Programs – non-trades Career programs including Legal Office Assistant, Medical Office Assistant, Office Administration, Electronics & Computer Engineering Technology- Renewable Energy, Information and Computer Systems Technician.