Work/Volunteer Experience during the COVID-19 pandemic- Parent and Student Consent
The Greater Victoria School District wants to support the continuity of learning experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic in a safe and responsible manner.
We want to ensure the following information regarding Work Experience, Community Volunteering, and Youth Apprenticeship Placements are understood and all guidelines and precautionary measures from WorkSafe BC, Island Health, and the Ministry of Education are adhered to.
Please read these important notices regarding working during the COVID-19 Pandemic in relation to Work Experience, Community Volunteering, and/or Youth Work in Trades Apprenticeships:
- WorkSafe BC- BC Restart: Communicable Disease Prevention
- BC Ministry of Health-COVID-19 Orders & Notices
- Worksafe BC- COVID Information for Workers
We request that each student and their parent/guardian read the notices linked above and review the information together.
Once you have read and discussed the information, please grant consent
PLEASE COMPLETE FORM BELOW
Work Experience 12A & 12B are both 4-credit courses that enable you to experience 100-120 hours of on-site job training in a cooperative partnership between the student, the school and the employer.
Benefits of Work Experience:
- Make future decisions based on a realistic understanding of the workplace
- Develop qualities and skills that are transferable to employment and career development
- Obtain references and contacts for future employers
- Develop self-confidence and self-awareness
- Support the transition from school to work, Youth Work in Trades or further education
If you are interested in signing up for a work experience course or setting up a job shadow for a day or two, visit your school Career Centre and talk to your Work Experience teacher or Career Centre Coordinator.